- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible. Ask the caller to repeat the message.
- Obtain as much information from the caller as possible:
- Location of the bomb.
- Time of detonation.
- Outside appearance or description of bomb.
- Reason for planting the bomb.
- Tell the caller that the building is occupied and it might cause the death of innocent people.
- Listen for background noises that might help in determining where the call was made.
- At the conclusion of the call, immediately report the call to the Property Management Office providing as much of the following:
- Your name, location and phone number.
- Name of the initial recipient.
- Name of anyone listening in to the threat.
- Name of any employee threatened by the caller.
- Normal work location of any threatened employee.
- TIME the bomb is supposed to explode.
- Exact LOCATION where the bomb is supposed to be.
- OUTSIDE APPEARANCE OR DESCRIPTION of the bomb.
- REASON given for the bomb.
- Your name.
An example of a bomb threat information sheet is included. After normal business hours, please contact the Security staff at One or 101 Main Street. Provide all information indicated above to the Security staff. Click here to download a bomb threat information sheet (opens in new window).
- Notify your supervisor about the threatening call.